Geez, it's holidays and I can't even sleep in!
holiday /hol-uh-day/ - n. extended period of recreation
Today I believe was my first official day of holidays. Well I like to think so anyway. Finished my last exam Friday, packed on Saturday and travelled home on Sunday. Therefore today is the first day I can do what I want.
The day begins with me waking up at about 7.30am. 7.30AM!!!!!! Seriously, one would think that I could at least make it to 8.30am!!! So instead of attempting to go back to sleep, while Mum and Dad were clattering around the kitchen, I got up. I chucked on some clothes, my faithful beanie and sneakers and headed outside where it was apparently only 3 degrees. Both Ben (dog) and Frank (cat) greeted me with love and affection. Although I think Frank had ulterior motives. FOOD!!!! Not that he got any. Ben was absolutely estatic that someone was coming outside so early in the morning (he was literally bounding with joy - despite that fact that he is riddled with arthritis and has been on his death bed for the past 3 Christmases). We've had Ben since I was two (I'm sure you're all capable of doing the maths to work out how old he is). Lucy (other dog) was nowhere to be found.
So I was off, with Ben bounding along beside me. Please note: Ben lasted until about 100m down the road, then gave up. The sky was perfectly blue with no hint of cloud, and the sun was blazing over the paddocks (even though it was 3 degrees), with the only sound being the all the birds chirping and my feet and I walked along the track.
5 kilometres later (I think it is only about 4.8 but 5 sounds more impressive) I was home eating breakfast.
Labels: Sleep


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home