Is Country Really That Bad?
Why is it that city dwellers would prefer not to move to rural areas to untake much needed health positions?
Earlier this year I asked my uni friends whether they would consider working in a rural area. I must admit I was surprised with their response. Not one of them wanted to. Their reasons were along the lines of it being too far away from decent shops and would mean that they would be away from their families.
So what ends up happening is this, rural students have to leave home and live quite a distance from their families to go to university. Then when they finish their degree they head back to the country to work (where there are plenty of jobs mind you). Meanwhile, the city students usually stay living at home, complete their degree and continue to live and work in same city as they grew up in.
How do they know that they don't like the country? If they have never lived there how could they possibly make the right judgement. How about get out there are give it a go? A couple of years, and you never know, you might actually like it!


2 Comments:
lol, Flick, I don't think that you will ever win this arguement, I agree that I have no idea, but from my brief experiences just holidaying in the country, the shopping factor has definatly got on my nerves.
All I have to say is...Got Milk, lol
Hehe, I knew you'd have something to say. Yes, we do have milk, and if for some miraculous reason we actually run out, there is always the 10 one litre packets of UHT milk in the pantry and if all else fails there is a packet of powdered milk. Although we hardly ever run out (I can remember it happening once). Mum has become quite the expert at working out how much we need to last us until we go into town next.
And seriously Emma, who goes to the country for a holiday??? I don't count because I'm at home, therefore not on a holiday.
There might be one day when I do actually win this arguement. The day that Melbourne's air becomes too polluted to breathe and the sea level rise due to global warming and Melbourne disappears under water.
Okay, I think that was taking it a little far and I've written an essay, whoops.
Post a Comment
<< Home