Friday, July 21, 2006

Mannix Food

I have just returned from another gross Mannix dinner. Usually I don't have many complaints about the food at Mannix. Most of the meals are reasonably edible, with some actually tasting good, but then there are some that you just end up leaving the dining room feeling sick. Tonight was one of those nights.

Tonight there was the choice of assorted seafood and chips, chicken stroganoff and rice or some vegie pattie thing with rice. After having the seafood and chips numerous times before, I decided that I was not going to have it tonight because I usually regret it.

Seafood and chips: bits of fishy sort of stuff attempting pull off being scollops, calamari and other seafood things and chips (you can't go wrong with chips). WARNING - Do not look inside the seafood bits before you eat them. It can put you off for life.

Chicken stroganoff and rice: gluggy white rice that tasted like water and chicken stuff with mushrooms cut in quarters which didn't look or taste appealing at all.

Vegie pattie thing: mushed up vegies in the form of a pattie with turmeric added (well it was bright yellow!!) Have no idea how it tasted though.

Dessert (Fruit salad and cream): tinned fruit salad consisting of pears, peaches, pineapple, grapes(going a bit brown and were split down the side) and fluro red cherries.

Anyway, I just left dinner feeling sick, full and realising that I hadn't had any fruit or vegetables today except a bit of the disgusting fruit salad and one quarter of a very gross mushroom (don't really like mushrooms at the best of times). I think I'd better go and force myself to eat the apple that's sitting in my fridge. If I'm lucky it'll make me feel a little better.

By the way, lunch today was one of the better (but not very good for you) ones, pizza and chips!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 7:40 am, Blogger Wendy G said...

Sheesh Flick, didn't your caterers read about the obesity epidemic? Didn't they hear that the basis of a healthy diet is a variety of fresh foods . . . INCLUDING fruit and veg??????? If you need a feed, get my phone number from Emma and the two of you can come around for a meal (actually if Emma comes, Dave'll probably want to come too so it'll be the three of you).

Love
Wendy (who thinks that your dinner sounded revolting)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home