The All-Nighter - Coola 2007
During the middle of January I spent a week as a leader on the Yr 9 & 10 Coolamatong Lake Camp (aka Coola). After a week of kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, bike riding, ropes course conquering and rafting (aka jellyfishing), the last night typically consists of an all-nighter. The All-Nighter is basically tradition.
This year campers occupied themselves by writing warm fuzzies (nice warm and fuzzy things about other people), making crafty things, watching movies, chatting, randomly sleeping on a blanket on the concrete floor of the hall or playing cards. Cards consisted of uno or the mammoth game of 500 (which started at 11pm and continued until about 5.00am).
At about 5.30am about half the campers (15) and I walked to the jetty to watch the sunrise. At the same time one of the other leaders took about 4 campers kayaking out to the middle of the lake to also watch the sunrise. The sunrise was spectacular.
5.59am
6.16am

6.23am
The black blob left of the centre is the kayakers.

6.26am

6.28am

6.30am

6.44am
Labels: Coola


2 Comments:
Great photos Fliss! I like the last one best, but they're all great. And well done on the all nighter :P I must say I'm impressed.
wow they are beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home