December....the start of the festive season

I might not have caught onto it as quickly as some, but I would just like to say that the festive season has begun. The Christmas Tree was put up yesterday morning (2 days late mind you) and it is giving off its Christmas vibes, trying to get everyone thinking Christmas things. Although take note that I am basically the only person home all day, so the Christmas tree is only really affecting me.
Today I have started playing one of our 2 christmas cds. I have a feeling we need to invest in another one, just so I can keep my sanity (or I could just go back to playing my music). At the moment I am sort of glad we don't have close neighbours because I currently have the music playing quite loud.
Another thing that is making me feel quite Christmasy is that fact that I have been doing quite a bit of cooking over the last couple of days, not that what I cooked had anything to do with Christmas. It is just that cooking itself makes it feel like Christmas.
And last but not least, is that Dad has nearly finished harvest, well sort of. This morning he started his last paddock. It only took him two and a half hours to finish the last paddock (well in that time he only got half a box full so he decided that it wasn't going to be worth it). Although at lunch today he said that he might actually go back and do some more in the other paddock, because he found some wheat in the paddock that looked like it had a reasonable amount of grain in it. I'm not too sure why I am associating Dad finishing harvest with Christmas, because for the last few years he hasn't finished until after Christmas, sometimes even into the new year. Although back in the days Dad used to finish just before Christmas.
Labels: Christmas


5 Comments:
Wow it looks sooooo good :) Love the red and green typing. Miss you both
love mum
PS yoyo are nice thing to cook for birthdays and christmas :)
Your tree looks great. I am enjoying my time with your Mum. Life has been rather full on since my arrival in Melbourne with Christmas far from my mind, so it is good to be reminded we are now in this festive time.
I was actually tempted to have a go at making some star shortbread today. Remember all that butter you left me! I've just finishing washing the floor. It feels so nice.
Ooh - make and send me some yo-yos! :D
Good to see you're blogging again :P Gives me something to read in quiet minutes like right now.
Come and visit and I'm make you some. Or I could just give you the recipe.
Post a Comment
<< Home