No more Mannix
After much nagging by my good friend Emma I have decided to blog again. Well maybe not really decided but forced to blog again.
The 9th of November marked the end of an era for me, it was the day that I moved out of Mannix for the last time. I would never return as a resident again. It took all afternoon, but Mum and I managed to move my entire room out. The moving process is the one time when I regretted not living on the bottom floor. Living on the top floor meant we had to cart all my stuff down 2 flights of stairs.
Anyway, next year is going to be very different. I am going to be moving into a house/unit/apartment with my older brother and sister. Both of whom leave home before 9am each day, and my sister returns at about 6pm and my brother might return at about midnight. So next year I think I'm going to get pretty lonely. The transition from lots of people to no people is going to be hard. Particularly seeing as I am going to be living closer to uni and not have that many hours at uni I'm going to be home quite a lot.
Next year I will also have to start cooking meals for myself. One good thing about Mannix was that almost every meal was provided and one bad thing about Mannix is that the food wasn't all that great most of the time. So I think I'm ready to make the cooking transition.
As it is, most of my friends from Mannix are staying for a third and most likely final year. Therefore hopefully I will be able to go and visit them lots, and they will be able to come and visit my place when they feel like it (and maybe even sample some of my lovely cooking).
So by the look of it next year I would be cooking a lot more and getting out of the house as much as I can.
Labels: Mannix


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home