Sporting Injuries
I've always thought that it is a known fact that only 'sporty people' get injuries from playing sport. By that I mean they play most, if not all of a game, have training at least once a week, go for a run just for the sake of it etc. But tonight I was proven wrong!!!
I wasn't going to play netball tonight because firstly I'm still tired and secondly, tonight was the first night where we only had a selection of our floor playing rather than just everyone rocking up and only getting to play a quarter or a half (I never actually said that I'd play). I just went over in the hope that I'd get to play a quarter, but only if they needed or wanted me. And amazing enough I got to play GK for the second quarter. Best quarter of netballI think I've played in quite a while. Besides the fact that I was dead at the end of the quarter.
By the end of the third quarter I had just recouperated, and the others actually wanted me to go back on. I sort of didn't want to, but I went on anyway (it's been a long time since people actually wanted me to play). But I told them that I might not be able to last the whole quarter and for Laura to be ready to come on when I was half-dead.
I lasted about three and a half minutes. In that time I managed to fall over, in an attempt to get the ball of course (please note: I'm not usually one of those people who goes to any length to get the ball). Then the next thing I knew I had finished my shortest quarter of netball ever, not because of my asthma, but because......I rolled my ankle.
So I'm now I'm sitting in my room feeling sorry for myself, with my foot up on my desk with ice on it.
That's about it. My sob story! Now I have to work out what to do with myself.
Labels: Injuries


6 Comments:
Now as a future health professional do you think all this pain is worth the exercise? Wouldn't lying on a couch with a warm doona, good company and plenty of chocolate watching the World Cup at 4am be a more enjoyable and safe way to experience sport?
Ahh, but there is no guilt involved actual sport, unlike being a couch potato. By the way I could walk on my foot a lot better today, but it was pretty sore by the time I got home. It also looks spectacularly purple!
So your foot matches the colour scheme of your blog...all I can manage is boring green! [Blog that is not foot:)]
I swore off sport years ago . . . . though I'm a great spectator (go Dees). Walking is about as active as it gets for me. Much safer than netball. I figure the walk from the car to the seat at the MCG is more than enough exercise to validate sitting for 3 hours watching the footy.
Hope you're feeling much better
PS There's obviously more than just Emma and me reading your blog!
Yeah, Mum's just started blogging.
Aww hehe, poor Fliss. I wouldn't have thought of you as one to shy away from sport usually...either way, pain from sport is worth it. You know I've had a fair share of it. It means you actually put effort in (or are just plain clumsy :P), so you can actually get some benefit from it (the sport, not the pain) in the long run.
PS Yes I do still read your blog. I'll try find something new interesting to put on mine soon :P
Seeya later!
Post a Comment
<< Home